Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sleepless in Guam

I had realised that, I have inherited my dad's special genes, the ability-to-not-sleep when thoughts flow in and out my head, OR "banking sleep" oversleeping for the night before and as a result, my eyes are WIDE open the night after..now i regret not taking those herbal sleeping pills from my mother, which according to my sister can put a whale down!

Listening to his voice was a little soothing and therapeutic, but once the moment pass, my eyes are WIDE open again :P

Decisions are made in a very funny unusual manner...usually one will contemplate, analyse, weigh the good and bad...but believe it or not, when the time comes your instincts will kick in and you will know clearly what needs to be done...strangely that is how things happen for me :) and even though i know this is how my mind works, most time the impatient part of me will kick in and mess my thoughts and guess who screws me over? MYSELF :)

Thought of the day: The Dynamics of Friends
I realised that leaving Guam for me, is another significant chapter of my life, although I do not feel it now, but as the time draws nearer, I will definitely feel the sadness.  Change is always good to awaken the senses of our body and minds, so once in a while, shocking the body routine is good :) What I have learnt here, is the importance of "additional" support be it virtual or physical, and what I meant by that is I understood the deeper meaning and importance of human relationship.  I believe in society, one will have to depend on another, but the fundamental is that one needs to know how to make themselves happy, and with that, happiness can be radiated all around.  I never believe that I have touched hearts of others but after breaking the news of leaving, I can truly feel the sadness of friends who hearts I have touched, and it is heartwrenching to look into their eyes and tell them about it.  Feeling their sadness made me, as what is natural to do, "to avoid" this topic altogether, but I knew that I needed to tell my friends myself and not let them hear it from others.  

My friends are happy to see me go, as it is strange enough to know that they notice I have been rather sad lately about staying on.  I always put on a happy face at work even when I do not feel happy, I guess the happiness radiated is different, and that is what others around me feel.  And likewise, I am sensitive towards feelings of others around me, which can be a disadvantage, but to me, I enjoy this "skill" (I would call it) that I have, which will enable me to help others around me, to be their pillar of support and care for them.

In Guam, what I had truly enjoyed was the companionship with all the genuine friends I made.  The generosity of their warmth hospitality, their immediate welcome into there families and mostly of all, their ears, their unconditional support for any decision I make.  I walk in and out of a lot of people lives and vice versa, but to me, what solely matters is the footsteps that are left in my heart.  To me, there isn't a "goodbye" but a "see you later", world is getting too small and life is hard to predict what will happen the next or where the next adventure will bring you to.  I have strong faith that, paths will cross again, no matter where we will all be.

It is raining again, and it has been raining a lot lately, and I love the rain, the sound of the rain has a calms my soul.  Rain brings a lot of fond memories which I had decide to remember of.  I wonder whether I will have any more fond memories of rain?  When was the last time I stood in the rain? That is definitely one thing I should opt to do next.

its already 3.30am...and my eyes are still wide open...and tomorrow will be a LONG day...and yet i can't sleep...so much for oversleeping !!

No comments:

Post a Comment